Current projects included:
- The organization of the Virtual Skill Series, a week full of engaging skill seminars about global integration taking place in May 2021.
- The new Instagram channel CEMSies around the world managed by the Diversity & Inclusion task force.
- New initiatives for non-European CEMS clubs that want to improve their corporate and social relations and career chances in Europe.
- The organization of the VivaTech Conference with 200+ students attending.
- New projects as part of the social internship program.
- A unified perspective and explanations of all the tools available to CEMSies.
- A new project to make all events by CEMS and the CEMS Clubs available in a single calendar.
Thirty-two Student Board Representatives (SBR), three Executive Team members, CEMS Executive director Roland Siegers and one engaged CEMS alumnus were able to participate in workshops breakout sessions, full-board meetings, or single team meetings throughout the week. The CEMS spirit was high as SBRs learned about how Karol Górnowicz, who was Student Board President in 2013, transitioned from strategy consulting into leading an ed-tech startup heading for its IPO in the middle of school-closures.
For the first time, three members of the Student Board were recognized for their outstanding contributions by winning the voting process of the new Octane Award. Congratulations to Nehal Taparia, Laetitia Michel and Jenni Savela!
About the Student Board
The CEMS Student Board consists of elected representatives from each CEMS school. It serves a dual role by advocating for the students’ opinions, and managing projects on a global scale, while supporting the thirty-two CEMS Clubs. Some of the Student Board’s flagship projects include the CEMS Student Board Consulting Cup, the CEMS Gender Equality Network and the Global Ambassador Program.
The Student Board is organized in six functional areas: Marketing & Communications, CEMS Club Support, Master in International Management Affairs, Corporate & Social Partners, Responsible Leadership and Alumni Relations. Also, each member is allocated to one of the five Project Teams: Advocacy Taskforce, Global Integration, Digital Innovation, International Engagement Committee, and Diversity & Inclusion. The Board is chaired by the Executive Team, who sets up the Board’s strategy and structure, and supervises the respective teams. This year (2021) the Student Board is being led by President, Finia Jestaedt (UB), Vice President Operations, Jessica Sara Rutley (WU) and Vice President Finance, David Flückiger (HSG).