CEMS Club Events
CEMS Clubs are now in operation in the vast majority of full member schools and have a vital role to play. The remit of a CEMS Club is potentially very wide and events form an important part of this.
Below is a list of the most frequently recurring types of event or project, as well as some recent examples:
- Rotation Dinners with Corporate Partners
- Conference/ workshops/forums
- Humanitarian project support
- Networking events
- Alumni cooperation initiatives
- Corporate/recruitment events
- Sports activities
- International drinks and dinners
In recent times the various CEMS Clubs have offered fundamental support in promoting the Humanitarian Week in aid of the Schools for Africa project, have systematically organised the CEMS Nordic Forum (a student-corporate event that brings together all the Scandinavian member schools) and the LOUROPA Forum (another multi-country event, originally restricted to students from Louvain, Rotterdam and Paris but now open to all) and also provided a warm welcome to arriving international students on all 25 full member school campuses.
In deserved recognition of the importance of CEMS Clubs to the CEMS network as a whole, the 2009 Cologne Annual Events saw the inaugural CEMS Club of the Year Award, as voted by the student cohort at the time.
CEMS Alumni work and live anywhere across the globe. Countries with a strong alumni presence usually benefit from a CEMS Alumni Association Local Committee (CAA LC) organising events on a regular basis. These events are the occasion for recently arrived or well established Alumni to build new contacts, to expand the network and keep the bond with the CEMS community after graduation.
Alumni can join different types of local events:
- social get togethers around dinners, aperetivo, drinks
- professional conferences oftentimes along Corporate Partners
- mentoring meetings with the Students
- sport trainings
- other various activities (treasure hunts, wine tastings, cruises, exhibitions…)
And every year, Local Committees join forces to offer unforgettable Pan-European Events where Alumni from all over the CEMS footprint meet in exceptional locations. Some of these Pan-European events have become not-to-miss institutions where Alumni come back year after year :
- the Waltzing Days in Vienna in January
- the Ski Week-end in the Alps in winter
- the Dutch Sailing Week-end in June
- the Polish Sailing Week-end in July
- and of course, the Annual Event in December
Substential discounts are granted to CEMS Alumni Association paying membersparticipating to these events.
So wherever you are, be part of them, create opportunities, make new friends and have fun !