- The ratification of 6 schools from 4 continents as full members;
- The ratification of 4 new corporate partners;
- The renewal of Professor Bernard Ramanantsoa’s 2-year mandate as CEMS Chairman;
- The celebration of the 20th anniversary of CEMS, in honour of the founding fathers of the alliance;
- For the first time, the participation of 23 Rectors and Deans of CEMS member schools and universities;
- Official unveiling of the new CEMS logo, baseline and corporate identity;
- A record 479 graduating CEMS MIM students;
- Record participation in the Career Forum.
CEMS Annual Meeting Plenary Session, 28th November
Following an overview of CEMS strategy and achievements by Chairman Bernard Ramanantsoa and Executive Director François Collin, the membership of the following academic and corporate institutions was made official:
- AustraliaThe Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Sydney (http://www.econ.usyd.edu.au)
- BrazilFundacao Getulio Vargas-EAESP (http://www.eaesp.fgvsp.br/)
- MexicoEGADE, Tec de Monterrey (http://egade.itesm.mx/english/)
- PortugalFaculdade de Economia da Universidade Nova de Lisboa (http://www.fe.unl.pt)
- RussiaGraduate School of Management, St. Petersburg State University (http://www.eng.som.pu.ru)
- SingaporeNational University of Singapore Business School (http://www.bschool.nus.edu.sg)
- ABB (http://www.abb.com)
- Banco Comercial Português (http://www.bcp.pt/)
- EDP (http://www.edp.pt/EDPI/Internet/EN/Group/AboutEDP/default.htm)
- Reckitt Benckiser
Tribute was then paid to some of the key figures in the creation of CEMS: Professors Jean-Paul Larçon (HEC) and Günter Sieben (University of Cologne), Nicole de Fontaines (the first CEMS Executive Director) and Bernard Castaing (Procter & Gamble, the first Corporate Partner).
CEMS Career Forum, 29th November
The Paris Career Forum proved to be the biggest yet in terms of participation. In fact, the event has taken on such proportions that the 2009 edition will be held separately in Budapest on November 13th-14th.
Key figures from the 2008 forum
- Total participants: 1630
- Number of Students: 1170
- Number of Alumni: 180
- Number of Corporate Representatives: 250
- Others: 30
- Corporate Partners present: 39
- Number of pre-scheduled interviews: 635
- Number of student travel subsidies: 280
Corporate Partner feedback
92% of companies found the organisation good-to-excellent
Students were recognised for their academic and technical knowledge, self-presentation and maturity, leadership skills and motivation
Over 75% of attending companies plan to participate in the 2009 Career Forum
Attending Corporate Partners
A.T. Kearney, Adidas Group, AstraZeneca, BNP Paribas Corporate Investment Banking, BP, CANAL+, Credit Agricole Group, Deutsche Bank, EADS, Elcoteq, Eni International Resources Limited, Fidelity International, Haniel Group, Henkel, Indesit Company, ING, J.P. Morgan, Kone, L’Oréal, LVMH, McKinsey & Company, Nestlé, Nokia, Novo Nordisk A/S, Procter & Gamble, Shell, Siemens Management Consulting, Société Générale, Statkraft, StatoilHydro, Swiss Re, The Boston Consulting Group, Thomson Reuters, UBS, Unibail-Rodamco, UniCredit Group, Vestas Wind Systems, Wolseley plc, Zurich.
CEMS Master’s in International Management Graduation Ceremony
479 CEMS MIM graduates from the class of 2007-08 received their degree diploma in the presence of the CEMS community and with the exceptional presence of 23 Rectors and Deans of member schools and universities.
This now brings the total of CEMS alumni to over 5,000.
CEMS 2008 Annual Events photo gallery
Click on the relevant link to view more photos of the 2008 Annual Events