The idea of mentorship is to actively develop the CEMS alumni network by advising current and future CEMS alumni on their professional career planning.
Two mentoring programs are available to CEMS Students and Alumni. The CEMS SAMP and CEMS GAMP.
GAMP (Global Advisory & Mentoring Platform)
CEMS GAMP; the Global Advisory & Mentorship Platform has been launched by the CEMS Alumni Association in 2014. The GAMP will enable online student-alumni and alumni-alumni mentoring. The platform enables online self-matching and allows to make free phone calls to connect with CEMS partcipants from across the world to provide and receive advice and mentoring to and from the right person, no matter the location.
You can register as an advisor or access the platform as advice seeker here.
For more information, click here.
SAMP (Student Alumni Mentoring Program)
CEMS SAMP; the Student Alumni Mentoring Program is taking place locally in each country. Current CEMS students are connected to a local CEMS mentor to receive mentoring advice for the internship, job and career upon graduation.
For more details and to get involved in SAMP, contact your country local committee, program manager or CEMS Club President.
What is mentoring?
What is the role of an alumnus mentor?
The role of a mentor is to provide advice and insight into his/her industry or function.
A mentor/ coach give advice on a one-off basis. A mentor and mentee can also be in contact for a more long-term period; this specifically happens when the mentee is receiving advice for their first job, or thinking about a career switch. In the latter case the mentee and mentor are in touch periodically, either in person, via phone or e-mail, and where appropriate a visit is even arranged to the workplace or there is common participation in professional activities, such as conferences.
What is the role of a mentee?
The mentee in most mentor/mentee relationships is expected to play the important role of beginning, actively cultivating and maintaining the relationship.
Benefit for alumni mentors
- Opportunity to actively build the CEMS network and personal professional network.
- Personal satisfaction in helping to make a difference in the life of a student or another alumnus or alumna.
- Opportunity to provide career knowledge and real-world experience.
- Build experience in mentoring, coaching and advising in a safe environment.
- Branding of your employer and/ or company.
- Acknowledgement of the employer when recruiting high profiles.
- Possibility to share experiences with other alumni mentors.
- Involvement with CEMS students and alumni at a personal level.
Benefits for student & alumni mentee participants
- Better understand the prerequisities for the job or career path you are looking at.
- Receive valuable advice on how to prepare (resumes, interviews, follow-up) for your job application or capital search.
- Learn about alternative career paths related to your (current job), interests and major.
- Increase your professional network.
Even more benefits for student participants
- Gain insight into the working world from someone who shares the CEMS experience.
- Increase awareness of opportunities related to the CEMS Master in International Management.
- Start to become part and build up connections within the CEMS Alumni Network.