The CEMS Student Board was founded in 2000 to fulfil the need for CEMS MIM student representation in the CEMS community. The Student Board is now a well-established representative body, with representatives from each CEMS school and one student representing Associate Academic members.
The President and Treasurer/Vice President, elected by their peers, carry out a mandate of one year. With the support of Group Leaders, the SB focuses in 4 main areas :
- MIM Affairs
- Student Relations
- CEMS Club Support
- CEMS Social Responsibility
CEMS Clubs are now in operation in the vast majority of full member schools and have a vital role to play. Each has been formed with a range of purposes in mind:
- To support networking amongst CEMS MIM students
- To raise awareness of CEMS and the CEMS MIM in the local community
- To support the CEMS MIM academic programme on the local level
- To be the student voice within the CEMS community and serve as a balance to other stakeholders
- To be a quality controller for the local CEMS MIM programme from the student side, parallel to the university administration
- To become an additional form of managerial development to the students by engaging in real-world initiatives and projects
CEMS Clubs work very closely not only with students but also the Student Board and the people who run the programme within each individual school, most notably the CEMS Programme Manager and quite possibly the Corporate Relations Manager and Academic Director as well. Depending upon the kinds of events and initiatives organised, they will also be working on a regular basis with local CEMS alumni and Corporate Partners. Every club has an elected President and Vice-President/Treasurer.