The Boards are overseen by the CEMS Chairman, who is elected on a two-year mandate. The current Chairman is Prof. Dr. Thomas Bieger, President of the University of St Gallen.
- Members of this Board include Rectors and Deans of CEMS Academic member schools and senior representatives of CEMS Corporate Partners as well as the CEMS Chairman and Executive Director.
- This Board defines the vision and mission of CEMS and gives its views and perspectives on categories of activities where CEMS can add value for its members.
- Keynote speakers, specialists and other non-regular participants can attend upon invitation from the CEMS Chairman.
- The CEMS Executive Board is the governing body of CEMS. It is made up of members from each stakeholder group: schools, corporate partners, students and alumni.
- Chaired by the CEMS Chairman, the Executive Board meets twice a year. The Board is responsible for defining enabling strategies to implement the CEMS vision and mission into concrete activities. It decides on CEMS products and votes on any major change in the CEMS MIM curriculum.
- The Executive Board also votes on the creation of Permanent Committees and elects Chairs to run CEMS operations.